Wednesday 21 December 2011

culinary delights.. some not so delightful...

so here a quick catch up on some of my cooking..

DELIGHT!
my friend helen and i got our cook on as we often do and made this little feast, yes we even made bread.. we're just that bad ass!

NOT SO DELIGHTFUL
when i was little, i knew a woman who made THE best banana bread, it was amazing, i have been chasing that banana bread for years, this is another not very nice banana bread...

DELIGHT!
i got really obsessed with peanut butter cups after my New York trip and then months later stumbled on to a recipe for how to make them, they are SO GOOD!

NOT SO DELIGHTFUL..
my first attempt at focaccia.. where i read the ingredients wrong.. opps!

DELIGHTFUL!
my second attempt was pretty damn good!

DELIGHT
this was so tatsy! marinated my cherry tomatoes in herbs a little oil and some honey then whacked them into some pesto pasta and had some fresh home baked focaccia, defiantly a delight :)

SOME DELIGHTS SOME NOT SO MUCH!
...this was my big cooking day...
fruit leather on both saucepans on left, chicken broth and cheese sauce on the right
the top eft is plum fruit leather and it was waaaaay too tart, not very nice at all, the lower pan was blueberry and apple, and that was delicious!

the chicken broth was a god send as i'd been feeling unwell and cheese sauce is always good!
..here are all the recipes i was following..

some fruit leather
my soup all packaged up into portions with home baked rolls.. WINNING!

DELIGHT!
i made these little mini victoria sponge cupcakes, and of course being me, they had to be died funny colors :l
and yeh, more cup cakes!

No comments:

Post a Comment